Finding a good commercial cleaning company, particularly in London, can be tricky. Commercial cleaners need to be:
The pressures on the London market mean that although it is a buoyant economy, it can result in an over-demand (and subsequent lack of supply) for good support services.
Commercial cleaning differs from ordinary domestic cleaning in many respects. It requires professional staff who are well trained (offices and other premises often contain valuable and/or confidential information); reliable staff (you can’t open up offices or retail premises in the morning to find they are still dirty from the night before); Expert (industrial cleaning materials and expensive machinery to operate); Trustworthy (when on site and in their dealings with contacts outside of work); helpful (knowing that they are as much a part of your team to support the business as your regular staff); contactable (because your needs may change and you have to have cleaning done outside of normal trading hours.
Here at West Clean, we have many years’ experience of being professional cleaners and our staff are well trained and expected to adhere to a code of conduct. So, here are our top tips for selecting a good cleaning company in and around West London:
1. Ask for written references
2. Always check for professional insurance
3. Ask about machinery, equipment and cleaning materials – where sourced and discuss individual delicate items that may have to be cleaned
4. Make sure you have all necessary contact numbers
5. Do not take anything on trust. Make sure you have carried out adequate checks otherwise should something go awry, you may find your insurance is invalidated
6. A good, professional cleaning company will respect you for asking questions and will not mind one bit as they have nothing to hide, will have all the necessary references and paperwork and are keen to establish a good, long-term working rapport with you and secure a good contract. It’s in their interests to oblige and a good company will be happy to do so.
Never be afraid to ask.
It’s far better to be safe than sorry.
Once you find a good cleaning company, hang onto them, this leaves you free to concentrate on what you do best, running your business knowing that your support services can be left to get on with what they do best, creating and maintaining a great working environment in which staff and the business can operate and function well on a day-to-day basis.
If you would like a free, no obligation discussion about pricing, charges, service level agreements and what you should look for in a cleaning company, please do contact us as we are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
Ask us for a trial clean and see how impressed you are with our services!